Cricket Clothing and Equipment
- Ball – A red, white or pink ball with a cork base, wrapped in twine covered with leather. The ball should have a circumference of 9.1 in (23 centimetres) unless it is a children's size.
- Bat – A wooden bat is used. The wood used is from the Kashmir or English willow tree. The bat cannot be more than 38 inches (96.5 cm) long and 4.25 inches (10.8 cm) wide. Aluminum bats are not allowed. The bat has a long handle and one side has a smooth face.
- Stumps – three upright wooden poles that, together with the bails, form the wicket.
- Bails – two crosspieces made of wood, placed on top of the stumps.
- Sight screen – A screen placed at the boundary known as the sight screen. This is aligned exactly parallel to the width of the pitch and behind both pairs of wickets.
- Boundary – A rope demarcating the perimeter of the field known as the boundary.
Give Us a Call Now